Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Being Where?

I do not watch TV. I do not listen to the radio at home. I get all my entertainment from the internet.

I'm wondering how difficult this might be for others. It's always been easy for me. I am a fountain of ideas. To get started with an internet search, you must have an idea.

To conduct a web search, you need either typing skill or typing patience.

You must know how to use Google to find videos. They're not all on YouTube.

With my internet connection, I can access all of the programs I used to like. (All four of them.) And I can also time travel back to the days of my youth. It's a win/win situation!

I might spend a week or so marathoning through a favourite series, then switch over to documentaries for a while, then cartoons.

I'm usually happy with this setup. Sometimes I fear I depend too much on my computer. Sometimes I wonder how pitiful one might look stationed constantly in front of his computer. How small and pathetic. But then I look into the face of my monitor and I just know everything is going to be all right.

Being There is a story by Jerzy Kosinski. (That's the author's name. Just thought I'd include that. Someone's got to do it.) It's a quick read, but it casts a redeeming light on the television viewers, or, in my case, internet television viewers. The movie wasn't bad either.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: